Health Insurance Is Expensive – What Is The Medical Loss Ratio?

Trending...
Nevada Insurance Enrollment Answers What Does My Premium Payment Pay For?

LAS VEGAS - nvtip -- Health insurance is very expensive these days. Your ACA qualified health insurance plan must cover 10 these 10 "essential health care benefits".

-Outpatient Treatment – "Ambulatory Services"
-Emergency Care
-Hospitalization
-Maternity and Newborn Care
-Mental Health and Substance Abuse
-Prescriptions
-Rehab services and devices
-Laboratory
-Preventive / Wellness
-Pediatric Services – dental and vision

All of these services separately are very expensive, but these plans must cover all these services. Prescription coverage alone accounts for a huge percentage of your premium.

Before you blame the insurance company's for being "greedy", it's important to note, there is a clause in the Affordable Care Act that is called the MLR – Medical Loss Ratio.

This MLR states that when a family or individual buys a medical plan, 80% of every dollar collected and paid to an insurance company MUST pay medical claims/research. So that leaves the insurance company to pay ALL of their expenses with the remaining 20%. .20 cents on the dollar for their employees, buildings, broker costs, etc.

More on nvtip.com
Read the full article: https://www.nevadainsuranceenrollment.com/price-of-health-insurance-and-the-medical-loss-ratio/

Learn more: https://www.nevadainsuranceenrollment.com/individual-family-health-insurance/

Nevada Insurance Enrollment
4260 W. Craig Road suite #150-A
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
(702) 898-0554
Website: NevadaInsuranceEnrollment.com

Contact
Nevada Insurance Enrollment
Shelly Rogers
info@nevadainsuranceenrollment.com
702-898-0554


Source: Nevada Insurance Enrollment

Show All News | Report Violation

0 Comments

Latest on nvtip.com