Of all the vehicles for sale right now, about one in four have some damage. The average impact of a damage event on wholesale and retail value is about $500, but that average impact on value jumps to close to $2,100 for a vehicle with severe damage in its history. If dealers don't know whether a vehicle has sustained damage, they could be overpaying by hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars – directly affecting their bottom line.
"The accident information that CARFAX provides is very important from a standpoint of determining whether or not that vehicle is something the dealership wants to represent," said Don Hamrick, President, Nevada Operations, Chapman Automotive Group. "If the impact has been very minor, the repair was done properly, and the valuation is appropriate, then we can use that information to make a good acquisition."
More on nvtip.com
- IAOP Announces New Initiative with Its Impact Sourcing Champions Index
- AFOP Announces its 2020 Farmworker Children Essay and Art Contest
- Office1 Finalizes Partnership with Turk's Kern Copy and Establishes Market in Bakersfield Area
- Care Packages to Frontline Workers Delivered by Erasable Inc. of Tampa with Partners ZO Skin Health and HydraFacial
- Emergency Roadside Assistance and Your Auto Insurance Policy
Not all accidents and damage are created equal. Dealers can use the CARFAX Vehicle History Report to see if there's damage reported to CARFAX, and also to help the dealer determine the severity by digging a little deeper into the damage history.
"CARFAX does a great job of giving you severity information, impact information, probably the most information I've ever seen in the history of doing business," said Salvatore Ferraro, Controller, Honda of Tenafly. "And it tells you what happened to the car in a very clear, concise way. Whether we're buying or selling, it's all about information."
A CARFAX Vehicle History Report not only shows dealers accidents and damage that have been reported to CARFAX, but many reports detail where the impact was on the vehicle and how severe the damage was. This tool makes it easier for dealerships to find and assess damage, and make sure they're getting the best inventory at acquisition at the right price. In addition, when consumers come in to buy a car, this tool is another way to boost the dealership's transparency during the sales process and increase trust in the dealership.
How to read accident and damage information on a CARFAX Vehicle History Report: https://www.carfax.com/blog/how-to-read-accident-information-on-a-carfax-vehicle-history-report
More on nvtip.com
- Exquisite home for sale in an equestrian community!
- Tip: COVID-19 hand dermatitis prevention
- edjuster Ensures Continuity of Services Across North America During COVID-19 Impact
- Helping to Build Ventilators in the Coronavirus Pandemic
- New Book Announcement: Executive Engagement Strategies—How to Have Conversations and Develop Relationships that Build B2B Business
CARFAX, part of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world's largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Own, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on nvtip.com
- Somatic Spiritual Counseling: New Psychotherapy Practice in Boulder, CO + Online
- Auto Insurance | What Is a Deductible?
- PSXDigital Offers Free Online Courses to All plus Defers Billing of Current Dealer Partners
- Airforwarders Association applauds passage of CARES Act
- New AUA/CSU Agreement Creates Admissions Pathway for African-American Medical Students
- Las Vegas Review-Journal Offers Complimentary Platform To Support Businesses And Customers Affected By Shutdown
- Generis Donate CARA Platform to Ventilator Manufacturers
- New Study Confirms Stratum Nutrition's NEM® Fast Efficacy in Pain & Stiffness Treatment After Only 10 Days
- Colorado Sustainable Apparel Brand Kastlfel Retools To Raise Funds For Colorado Covid Relief Fund
- San Jose Fitness Studio Launches At-Home Accountability Challenge With Proceeds Supporting Local Small Businesses
- Medical Equipment Shortages Create Critical Risk on COVID-19 Front Line
- Is My Health Insurance Affected If I Miss Open Enrollment?
- Bruno Mars Pledges $1 Million To The MGM Resorts Foundation For MGM Employee Emergency Grant Fund & Children's Medical Support Fund
- Expanded Line of Laboratory Products for COVID-19 Testing Labs Available in New Interactive Flip Page Catalog
- American Equus and Saddlebox Join Forces for North American Distribution
- Qnext achieves Microsoft Application Development Silver Partner competency
- Animated Series "The Weeklings" Burns Up The Multi-Media Universe
- REAL Trends 500 Report Ranks Nation's Largest Real Firms
- March 25th 2020 is National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day
- Term Life Insurance vs. Whole Life Final Expense Insurance