The diverse group of participating teams - originating from the vast regions of North America, Europe, Australia and other allied countries represent entrepreneurial startups, small businesses, large enterprises, academic institutions and research labs who are all vying to build the Base of the Future and modernize the Department of Defense.
During the showcase, the selected teams will display some of the most advanced solutions, technologies and innovations to Air Force leadership and key military decision-makers and operators. For a complete list of participating teams visit fusion.afwerxshowcase.com.
"Our goal is to select the best solutions and guide the teams through future contracting, funding and prototyping to further develop their concept into real-word implementation to benefit the Air Force, our warfighters, the Department of Defense and allied partners worldwide," stated Mark Rowland of AFWERX. "The AFWERX Base of the Future Challenge is critical to our mission of increasing collaboration between large businesses and entrepreneurs to accelerate solutions for the Air Force."
The Base of the Future theme was inspired by Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida, which was decimated by Hurricane Michael, a Category 5 storm that occurred in 2018. For decades, Tyndall had been home to many generations of Airmen and their families. In the storm's aftermath, nearly 500 buildings were destroyed or damaged beyond repair. Thousands of Airmen and their families were displaced and forced to leave a part of their lives behind. Fortunately, Congress approved a $3 billion military construction rebuild program, sparking hope that Tyndall would reemerge stronger than ever before.
More on nvtip.com
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
- High Throughput Industrial NAS Storage Server Solution For Real-Time Data processing, Recording and Streaming
- Want to Change the Laws in Your Area?
- IPGARD Launches DPMST Series DisplayPort Secure KVM
- Barks in the Bottoms During These Dog Days of Summer in Kansas City's West Bottoms
The aspirational initiative seeks to create a robust installation that will become a universal symbol of innovation and excellence that can scale across the United States Air Force. To accelerate this work, AFWERX, in association with Tyndall Air Force Base stakeholders and other Department of Defense entities, launched six open challenges to attract solutions to help bring the Base of the Future to life by innovating in the following critical areas:
- Enhance Base Security and Defense Improve Installation Resilience Leveraging Technology for Operational Effectiveness Enabling Technologies for Reverse Engineering and Additive / Agile Manufacturing Strengthen Culture of Innovation Within the Air Force Empowering Airman and Family Well-Being
The AFWERX Fusion 2020 event also features a dynamic line-up of keynote speakers, panels and fireside chats with executives from Google, Duke University, MGM Resorts International, Friday Pulse, U.S. Air Force, Department of Defense and much more. The event also features highly engaging networking, happy hours, and a host of special guest cameo appearances. Register at afwerxfusion.com.
To learn more about the Base of the Future Challenges, click here. Or to view a list of upcoming challenges and future events visit the Events page, click here.
Established in 2017, AFWERX is a product of the U.S. Air Force, directly envisioned by former Secretary of the Air Force Heather Wilson. Her vision of AFWERX — to solve some of the toughest challenges that the Air Force faces through innovation and collaboration amongst our nation's top subject matter experts. AFWERX serves as a catalyst to unleash new approaches for the warfighter through a growing ecosystem of innovators. AFWERX and the U.S. Air Force are committed to exploring viable solutions and partnerships to further strengthen the Air Force, which could lead to additional prototyping, R&D, and follow-on production contracts.
More on nvtip.com
- DeRonja Real Estate Welcomes Greyson Sargent
- New book gives best Rx for Covid-19!
- The two most experienced minds in IP Ethics merge
- AutoQuotes And UL Announce Strategic Partnership
- Fix My Practice Launches to Tackle Poor-Quality Health and Social Care Pandemic
PRESS RELEASE-AFWERX Fusion 2020 Base of the Future Announces Company Participants in Showcase Fnl (7.24.20).pdf
PRESS RELEASE_AFWERX Fusion 2020 Base of the Future Announces Powerful Keynotes, Speakers_Fnl (7.14.20).pdf
AFWERX Fusion website
AFWERX Base of Future Graphics
SOURCE AFWERX Fusion
Filed Under: Business
Latest on nvtip.com
- Velocity Data Announces Agreement to Acquire NuBreed Nutrition Inc
- Durante Rentals Appoints Liam J. Harrington as President
- Nola Blue Records signs John Németh
- New Evolution of Aristocrat Technologies' Dragon Link™ to make World Premiere at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
- Braeden Lichti: The Business of Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation Biotechnology
- Former Hollywood Actress Debuts Amazon #1 New Release About Rescue Dog Who Saved Her from Suicide
- FigBytes Integrates SASB Standards in its Enterprise Sustainability and ESG Platform
- Sedia Biosciences Corporation announces expansion and move to new research and manufacturing facility in Beaverton, Oregon, USA
- Recycling Business Executive and Longtime CEO Coaching International Client Joins Coaching Roster
- edjuster Enhances Claim Management Solution with Latest Product Release
- STG Logistics rebrands, organizes service offerings for extended outsource clients
- EclecticIQ and ThreatFabric investigation reveals evidence of malicious Android packages posing as legitimate Covid-19 contact tracing apps
- iCODIS – Office Electronics – Hong Kong Codis Electronic
- Nitro Interactive Inc. (n2o) Establishes South East Asia Presence With New Partnership
- MGM Resorts International Names William J. Hornbuckle Chief Executive Officer
- Las Vegas Urban League WIC Supports New Parents During World Breast Feeding Week
- PINC named Top Supply Chain Projects for 2020 by Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- Gov. Walz and Minnesota Businesses Take Action to Close the Unemployment Gap Among People of Color by Signing On to New Career Advancement Platform
- Rock and Roll San Diego Introduces New Livestreaming Feature
- Braeden Lichti - The Rise of Connected Devices in the Healthcare Industry