- RECORD Secures Additional Funding to Revolutionize Personal Injury Client Management
- Zeus Investments Korea look at how AI is changing the investment landscape
- Woburn Dentistry Provides Comprehensive Perio Procedures From One Convenient Location
Los STEMateros were one of 10 Title 1 LAUSD high school teams sponsored by SoCalGas' Research, Development and Demonstration (RD&D) program. Last week, SoCalGas donated an additional $3,000 to help the school pay for the student's trip to the World Finals in Las Vegas September 11-14.
"SoCalGas is proud to support initiatives that empower the next generation of engineers and scientists," said Neil Navin, Chief Clean Fuels Officer of SoCalGas. "The transition to clean energy is an environmental and social imperative, and SoCalGas is accelerating the transition by advancing the use of clean fuels, such as hydrogen, in support of California's climate goals."
More on nvtip.com
- Teradata AI Unlimited Now Available on AWS
- The Samuel Lawrence Foundation Presents Live from Dubai: First Friday Series Webinar on Dec 1
- Wohler makes the Evertz Quartz Protocol available for their iAM-SUM audio monitors & iVAM-SUM AV monitors
- Parks Associates: 37% of Smart Home Shoppers Report Matter Certification Is Important in Purchase Consideration
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds Two, Southwest Florida Hotels, to Growing Portfolio
At the event, over 200 students from 13 countries competed in a six-hour endurance race with Oakwood School (North Hollywood) winning first place for the 2nd year in a row followed by teams from Slovakia and The Netherlands in 2nd and 3rd places respectively. Another LAUSD team STEAM Legacy Senior High Sci Tech Engineering Arts Math (South Gate) placed 7th overall.
"Clean energy in California is projected to grow by 400% by 2045," said Matthew Mihm, Principal at Boyle Heights S.T.E.M Magnet High School "Our students are learning skills that are essential to California's energy transition." He added that participating in H2GP provides students with a hands-on experience that takes what they learn in class and applies it meaningfully while also providing them with greater access to understanding renewable energy which will define their future careers.
Israel Hernandez, Coach of Los STEMateros who teaches math, computer-aided design and machining at Boyle Heights S.T.E.M Magnet High School said "Growing up in Boyle Heights we did not have S.T.E.M classes like this which is why I want to ensure our students have opportunities like this so they are prepared for a multitude of future careers."
More on nvtip.com
- The CPSE Shenzhen 2023 was inaugurated on October
- PagerDuty Awarded 2023 AWS Partner Award
- LG TO PRESENT INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS FOR A BETTER LIFE AT CES 2024
- Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts and Ericka Dunlap Collaborate with Local Nonprofits to Celebrate Diversity at Mahaffey
- New York Young Republican Club Endorses Allen Mashburn For Lieutenant Governor Of North Carolina
H2GP was developed by Horizon Educational as an educational program providing students with curriculum materials to build remote-controlled fuel cell electric vehicles at nearly 500 schools which then compete at local and state levels equipping them with knowledge needed for transitioning energy infrastructure into renewable energy sources for future generations .
Jorge Sorto , junior at Boyle Heights S.TEM Magnet High School who was also team captain of Los STEMateros said "This was an incredible experience for our team giving us a hands on experience for topics we are all very interested in learning about." He added "I am really proud of my teammates and how we have grown together learning about fuel cell technology and hydrogen energy."
SoCalGas' ASPIRE 2045 sustainability commitment includes goals such as safety , DE&I workplace initiatives as well as investing $50 million into underserved communities . In addition to funding Los STEMateros , SoCalGas sponsored another 9 teams at 5 LAUSD Title 1 schools . The company's Scholarship Program provides resources for higher education & career development designed to support students interested in pursuing careers within the energy industry . Since its inception over 22 years ago , SoCalGas has provided 2236 students with scholarships totaling $3 , 599 , 500 .
Filed Under: Business
Latest on nvtip.com
- Art Exhibition - Mandolene: Hard Edge for a New Generation
- Crovetti Orthopaedics Expands Adjacent to Summerlin with New Queensridge Surgery Center and Queensridge Surgical Recovery Suites
- Rapaport Press Release: Consumer Alert: Synthetic Diamond Prices Crashing
- Can You File for Medical Bankruptcy?
- Health Insurance Coverage Effective Dates
- DeRUCCI Wins Two CES 2024 Innovation Awards for IoT Smart Mattress
- Intellias Will Showcase HMI, ADAS and Digital Cockpit Expertise at CES 2024
- Study Finds Lotus Vaping Technologies' Flavored E-Liquids Reduce Smokers' Cigarettes Per Day at Significantly Higher Rate Than Tobacco Flavor
- Jeff Miller REALTOR ® S.0197087 BHHS Nevada Properties Awarded National Recognition Certification
- Leaders & Legends Celebrates Veterans and the Dogs that Change Their Lives
- Vine Strategy review OpenAI: A Leader in the AI Market
- L2 Aviation and Klatt Works announce MOU for the revolutionary aircraft Smoke Assured Vision Enhanced Display (SAVED) Safety System
- Caesars Entertainment and Live Nation Ask Garth Brooks to Add 18 New Dates in 2024
- Link.Store Launches the Ultimate Etsy Shop Manager Manual – A Comprehensive Guide for Thriving on Etsy
- DeepBio becomes first Korean cancer diagnostic A.I. company to win CES Innovation Award
- Dutch delight in the desert: DJ and Producer Martin Garrix rounds off a triumphant Heineken Silver Las Vegas Grand Prix
- Don Barnhart Brings Nightly Laughter To Fremont Street With Delirious Comedy Club
- CENTURY 21 Edge Enhances Focus on Central Florida through Sale of Pembroke Pines Office to CENTURY 21 Integra
- Robert D. Botticelli, Director of Business Development for Century Fasteners Corp., Honored by ADDAPT
- Benchmark International Facilitated The Transaction Between CFA, Inc. & Bowman Consulting Group Ltd