Accident/Vandalism: Does Insurance Cover Personal Belongings

Nevada Insurance Enrollment Explains How Auto Insurance Will Cover More Than Just Your Vehicle

LAS VEGAS - nvtip -- You already know that your auto insurance policy pays to get your car back to pre-accident condition, but what happens if a personal belonging, that is, something that's not permanently attached to your car, gets damaged in an accident?

Well, if you have "Comprehensive Coverage" your car itself would be covered after you pay your deductible.  "Comp" (for short) will cover things like a broken door lock, smashed windows, punctured tires, etc., those items that are part of the car.

Personal items, like a tablet, wallet, any personal valuables are not generally covered in your auto insurance policy.  Those items would be covered in your homeowners/renters policy.  You would have a deductible to pay for first, and then you'd need to consider the consequences of a claim on your homeowners policy.

Does Your Auto Insurance Policy Cover Vandalism?
After you pay your deductible, Comprehensive coverage should cover the damages to your vehicle if it is vandalized. You'll want to make sure you:

More on
• Call the police right away to report what happened
• Make note and take pictures of all damages to your car
• Call the claims department or your agent to file a claim. You will need to have the list of damages, pictures, and a list of any items that were stolen.

Getting Help From Nevada Insurance Enrollment
Not sure what your auto insurance policy covers? Talk to your insurance agent to review your coverage options and to discuss how you and your belongings are protected in the event of an accident.

Read the full article:

Learn more:

Nevada Insurance Enrollment
4260 W. Craig Road suite #150-A
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
(702) 898-0554

Nevada Insurance Enrollment
Shelly Rogers

Source: Nevada Insurance Enrollment
Show All News | Report Violation

1000 characters max.

Latest on