- Bitcoin in Unique Leadership Position with Ethereum's Abandonment of Proof of Work*
- Employers Holdings, Inc. Declares Special Cash Dividend of $1.25 per Share
- 9th Annual Adopt-A-Family Event Headlines 2022 Holiday Season Filled with Opportunities to Give Back
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amazon Web Services (AWS), an Amazon.com company (NASDAQ: AMZN), and SK Telecom, the information and communications technology arm of SK Group, the second largest conglomerate in Korea, today announced at Mobile World Congress (MWC) Las Vegas that the two companies will co-develop a new set of computer vision services. This collaboration aims to make it easier and more cost effective for customers to build, use, and scale computer vision applications, which enhance productivity, maintain equipment, and improve facility safety.
More on nvtip.com
- Jason Halbert Exits Apollo Health Products to Expand 3Back Group
- Lightbits to Demonstrate Next-Generation Cloud Data Platform at AWS re:Invent 2022
- HARD ROCK SUPERSTAR, IVAN MOODY, LEAD SINGER OF FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF NEW CANNABIS FLOWER AND EDIBLES LINE, GREENINGS
- BitNile Holdings Contemplates Exchange Offer to Acquire Shares of Its Common Stock
- AWS Makes Water Positive Commitment to Return More Water to Communities Than It Uses by 2030
Computer vision technology streamlines extraction, analysis, and classification of single image or a sequence of images to help organizations gain insights. For example, computer vision can help improve quality assurance and operational efficiencies in agriculture, such as aiding in metadata extraction and image classification to evaluate crop health, and in manufacturing to proactively identify when equipment needs to be serviced. However, for most organizations, building processing systems that can identify and analyze relevant data points at scale can be costly and complex.
The new set of computer vision services will combine SK Telecom's artificial intelligence (AI) models, trained on more than 10 years of anonymized video data, and AWS's edge services, IoT, database, and storage capabilities. The combination gives organizations a secure and simple framework to build and develop their own tailored computer vision applications with the flexibility to process and analyze data at the edge, in the cloud, or on premises.
"We are delighted to collaborate with AWS to accelerate our pace toward becoming a global leader in AI," said Ha Min-yong, chief development officer at SK Telecom. "By co-developing edge computer vision services that run on AWS, we can easily and quickly produce and deploy AI and machine learning-based applications to customers globally, helping them address their business needs and challenges."
"The combination of SK Telecom's extensive experience in AI, paired with the elasticity, scalability, and flexibility of AWS will help accelerate AI innovation for SK Telecom and their customers globally," said Adolfo Hernandez, vice president and general manager of telecom industry at AWS. "Collaborations like this demonstrate how AWS can support communication service providers leverage their core expertise in new ways to deliver greater value to their customers."
About Amazon Web Services
For over 15 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud offering. AWS has been continually expanding its services to support virtually any cloud workload, and it now has more than 200 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management from 87 Availability Zones within 27 geographic regions, with announced plans for 21 more Availability Zones and seven more AWS Regions in Australia, Canada, India, Israel, New Zealand, Spain, and Switzerland. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—trust AWS to power their infrastructure, become more agile, and lower costs. To learn more about AWS, visit aws.amazon.com.
More on nvtip.com
- Netberg launches Aurora 810 platform for next-generation networks
- Charlotte Company Buys Unpaid Judgments in Mecklenburg and Iredell County
- Flower One Obtains Meeting Order Under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (Canada)
- Must Visit! New Restaurant in Kew Gardens, Queens NY - Love's Kitchen
- What Is Covered by The Affordable Care Act (ACA) Health Care Plans?
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth's Best Employer, and Earth's Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
About SK Telecom
SK Telecom has been leading the growth of the mobile industry since 1984. Now, it is taking customer experience to new heights by extending beyond connectivity. By placing AI at the core of its business, SK Telecom is rapidly transforming into an AI company. It is focusing on driving innovations in areas of telecommunications, media, AI, metaverse, cloud and connected intelligence to deliver greater value for both individuals and enterprises. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our LinkedIn page www.linkedin.com/company/sk-telecom.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on nvtip.com
- The Munich List by Alton Brunswick now available from Histria Books
- Of Ashes and Dust by Ron Roman now available from Histria Books
- Vote on Product Hunt - $1 Million USD AesirX License Giveaway!
- 'Spot Detective' – Check your spots this summer
- CA CPS Defense Attorney, Walter Shaw, makes great momentum in protecting parental rights
- Top 6 Tips for Planning a Green Remodel in 2022
- Be Careful Stating Your Income For Health Insurance Subsidy
- InventHelp Inventors Develop Improved Design for Knee Pads (LGT 233)
- Replace Google Analytics for free with AesirX
- iCRYO to Attend The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine's Annual Longevity Fest
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation' - National Technology Non-Profit, Qualify to Distribute Google Career Certificate Scholarships
- The Data Economics Company and Smallholder Data Services announce breakthrough in solving data traceability in regenerative agriculture
- New "Black Friday Knife Deals" Article Out Now. One Is Free?
- Certified Nutraceuticals' KollaJell™ Launches in Mexico Under Sesēn Company Brand First-of-its-kind jellyfish collagen
- Look No Further, Sunber Black Friday Wig Sale&Brand Day in November is Coming
- dMY Squared Technology Group, Inc. Announces the Separate Trading of its Class A Common Stock and Warrants, Commencing on November 21, 2022
- Jennifer S. Wilkov, Producer of the October Global Speak Up Women Conference, Awards New York State the Make A Difference Award
- SIGLENT Partners with ACA TMetrix in Canada
- BitNile Holdings' Subsidiary Agrees to Purchase Assets of Circle 8 Crane Services
- Landlord Focused Insurtech Launches Agent Appointment Program