Mars has performed a series of limited dates at The Park Theater at Park MGM in Las Vegas since 2016.
A representative for Mars says, "The people at MGM have given Bruno Mars the rare opportunity to be able to continuously gig while he's in the creative process of working on his next album. With the closures across Las Vegas, Bruno wanted to show his appreciation to the amazing employees who help make these shows possible in hopes that we'll all be out of this situation and having fun together again very soon."
The money will go toward The MGM Resorts Foundation's Employee Emergency Grant Fund & Children's Medical Support Fund, which is designed to help MGM employees and their immediate families with short-term assistance during unexpected hardships and emergencies. The Grant Fund may also provide disaster relief assistance to furloughed or laid-off employees whose compensation is suspended or employment terminated as a result of an extraordinary event (or events) that severely impacts a community in which MGM Resorts conducts business, such as the COVID-19 public health crisis.
More on nvtip.com
- Reduced prices for mental health support during the difficulty and unknowns of Coronavirus
- HoloBuilder Welcomes Takenaka Corporation to Their Innovators Club
- The Town Kitchen, PBC launches TTK Provisions to Serve Youth-Crafted, Locally Sourced Food and Essentials to Households in SF Bay Area
- Coronavirus Pandemic Raises Widespread Worry About Personal Finances, Survey Shows
- The World's First Inflatable Sleeping Bag
"We consider Bruno Mars as part of the MGM family and appreciate what he is doing to help our employees and their families during these uncertain times," said Bill Hornbuckle, Acting CEO and President of MGM Resorts International. "We recently expanded the eligibility requirements for the fund to help as many employees as we can who are impacted by the crisis, and this donation will help us expand our reach even further."
To learn more about The MGM Resorts Foundation, visit www.mgmresortsfoundation.org.
About The MGM Resorts Foundation
The purpose of The MGM Resorts Foundation is to collect and distribute monies and assets donated by employees of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) for the aid and support of qualified community nonprofit programs, agencies or organizations designated exclusively by MGM Resorts' employees. The Foundation also collects and distributes donations made by a broad base of donors to support activities organized by MGM Resorts employees and approved by the Foundation's board of directors to benefit qualified nonprofit charitable organizations. The Foundation's Employee Emergency Grant Fund & Children's Medical Support Fund was organized specifically to enable MGM Resorts employees to provide emergency, hardship, and disaster support to fellow employees and their families. In addition, since 2012, the Foundation has been the presenting sponsor of the Women's Leadership Conference, the major women's conference in the Western region.
More on nvtip.com
- Humanity First USA Medical Supplies Needed
- Former Isley Brother CHRIS JASPER pays tribute to a SAM COOKE classic ..."Nothing Can Change This Love"... Just Released!
- COVID-19: Non-profit Donates Supplies to Dockweiler State Beach Quarantine Zone
- Somatic Spiritual Counseling: New Psychotherapy Practice in Boulder, CO + Online
- Auto Insurance | What Is a Deductible?
MGM Resorts International
SOURCE The MGM Resorts Foundation
Filed Under: Business
Latest on nvtip.com
- REAL Trends 500 Report Ranks Nation's Largest Real Firms
- March 25th 2020 is National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day
- Term Life Insurance vs. Whole Life Final Expense Insurance
- Screen, Quarantine and Monitor with MedWand's™ New, Cutting-Edge Telemedicine Kit: Mobile SQM DOC
- New Organization Affects Positive Change In The Midst Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Whitley Manufacturing Awarded For Recent Modular (MRI) Healthcare Facility Project
- Taleam Systems To Hire 1,000 Online IT Technicians To Help Meet Covid-19 Demand
- CloudHuaz LLC Announces the Immediate Ability to Build Medical Facilities, Shelters and Other Dwellings Needed For Current US Crisis
- Can You Get Auto Insurance With A Learner's Permit?
- Eglet Adams Files Class Action Complaint Against The People's Republic Of China
- StealthMail Helps Businesses Secure Email Communication During Remote Work Caused by COVID‑19
- Heartland Income Properties Add Additional Dollar General Property to Portfolio
- Elevated Resources Announces Availability of ELEVATE LI+, Bundling a Set of Advanced Features to Support Light Industrial Environments
- Thiel College biology students' SEA-PHAGES research published in national GenBank database
- mPower Technology Raises Additional $1.85 Million in Series A Funding
- Whitley Manufacturing Recognized for Success on Recent Modular Visitation Center Project
- China Overtakes the USA as the Largest Market for IT Products and Services
- Menufy Integrates Food Ordering with Google
- Relecura Makes Patent Innovation Research Platform Free to Coronavirus Researchers in Wake of Pandemic
- 2020 Treasure Coast Ribs and Wings Festival