Fleeman's complaint is for multiple violations, including Pickard, a Hearing Master, misleading the public through several videos and pictures, showing Pickard sitting on the bench in a local courthouse, appearing to be a judge and wearing a judges robe. According to Judicial Ethics Advisory Opinion JE08-006, which expressly prohibits non-incumbent judicial candidate from wearing robes in advertisements, this is a clear violation of the Code of Judicial Conduct. Pickard wrongfully presents herself as an elected judge, misrepresenting her position to the public. In another video, Pickard states, "we are in my courtroom," again misrepresenting her position.
Both Gilliam and Pickard, are also in violation of Canon 4.1(A) which states that a "judicial candidate shall not USE ENDORSSEMENTS FROM A POLITICAL ORGANIZATION." Pickard and Gilliam both violated these canons by paying for and directing distribution of an advertisement for their endorsements by the Nevada Republican Club. In that mailer, along with Gilliam and Pickard, a number of candidates for judicial office stated that the Nevada Republican Club endorses these judicial candidates. The mail piece admits that each of the 7 candidates listed on the mail piece paid for the mailer. The flyer says, "vote for our endorsed candidates." NRC Endorses Judicial Candidates
More on nvtip.com
- Urban League WIC Programs Vital Resources For Enjoying Southern Nevada Summer In Safe, Fun Ways
- The House Used by General George Washington at Valley Forge Still Stands Today
- City of San Miguel de Allende, State of Guanajuato Obtain Coveted WTTC 'Safe Travels' Stamp
- What Is an Advance Premium Tax Credit?
- Aerion Adds Industry Expertise to Support Growth Plans
In filing the complaint Mr. Bohn stated, "This is a clear violation. The laws are in place for a reason. As a practicing attorney, Mr. Gilliam should know the laws that govern candidates for office. How can he expect to serve as a judge, when he breaks the laws himself."
Regarding Pickard's misconduct, Mr. Fleeman stated, "My campaign for judicial office has been significantly harmed as a direct result of the actions of Pickard's unethical behavior, because she acted in a manner to mislead voters. Not only have I been harmed, but Pickard has harmed the reputation of the judiciary and our electoral process."
SOURCE Success Marketing
Filed Under: Business
Latest on nvtip.com
- NAAFA Fat Community Project Grants
- AUA College of Medicine Launches International Track for UK Medical Students
- CMC Group Inc. Announces Senior Leadership Transition
- Braeden Lichti - What's the Outlook for Biopharma in 2020?
- Northshore Development secures $47 Million loan to Refinance New Construction Multifamily Development located on Florida's Booming Space Coast
- Chicago Photographer Karen I. Hirsch Pivots During Covid-19 Crisis
- Local Businessman and Community Leader Anders Fung Announces Candidacy for Millbrae City Council
- Apache Mill Tailings USA, Inc. Issues Correction To Prior Unauthorized Release
- Promo Direct Steps Up Effort to Battle COVID by Making Sanitizers, PPE, Safety Items, Antimicrobial Products Available
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Gincor Werx on Certification as a Great Place to Work
- Fat Rights Organization Introduces New Website
- What Is Renters Insurance Used For?
- STG Logistics Adds Board Member Farrukh Bezar
- Illinois-Wisconsin Health System Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Patient Prescription Costs
- BEPeterson – Trusted Manufacturer of Northrop Grumman Reservoir Vessels
- StingHD Announces Instagram Giveaway To Celebrate Move Of Headquarters To Boca Raton
- Palm Beach Dentist Dr. Mitchell Josephs Honored with Alpert JFS Volunteer Award
- Mother of Four Brings Online UX Designer Training to Stay at Home Moms
- Booms and Beats in Kansas City's West Bottoms Brings Entertainment Back to First Friday Weekends
- Ironside Human Resources selected for 2020 Dallas Small Business Excellence Award Dallas