Price of Health Insurance and the "Medical Loss Ratio"

Nevada Insurance Enrollment Explains What Your Premium Payment Pays For

LAS VEGAS - nvtip -- Yes, we agree that health insurance is very expensive these days.  It's important to note, however, there is a clause in the Affordable Care Act that is called the MLR – Medical Loss Ratio.

This MLR states that when a family or individual buys a medical plan, 80% of every dollar collected and paid to an insurance company MUST pay medical claims. So that leaves the insurance company to pay ALL of their expenses with the remaining 20%.

We read an article today stating that the residents in Florida, almost 1 million customers, will be receiving a $65 refund because of this rule. The insurance company collected too much money in premiums, and had to refund their customers the overage collected.

Seeking Guidance With Nevada Insurance Enrollment

Navigating through the many options of insurance can be confusing and chaotic, but speaking with a locally licensed insurance agent will help you to obtain the right coverage you need. You'll have the peace of mind knowing that you are adequately insured when life complications arise. We work hard to find the most competitive quotes for your needs. Contact us today to begin the process of finding the best insurance plan for your family.

More on nvtip.com
Read the full article: https://www.nevadainsuranceenrollment.com/price-of-health-insurance-and-the-medical-loss-ratio/

Learn more: https://www.nevadainsuranceenrollment.com/individual-family-health-insurance/

Nevada Insurance Enrollment
4260 W. Craig Road suite #150-A
North Las Vegas, NV  89032
(702) 898-0554
Website: NevadaInsuranceEnrollment.com

Contact
Nevada Insurance Enrollment
Shelly Rogers
info@nevadainsuranceenrollment.com
(702)898-0554


Source: Nevada Insurance Enrollment
stats
Show All News | Report Violation

0 Comments
1000 characters max.