- Successful Las Vegas Promoter Sloop Jones Developing Her Own Talk Show - 253
- Monarch Metal Opens New Manufacturing And Shipping Location In Sparks, NV
- Tracy S. Williams, Wife of Pro Football Hall of Famer Aeneas Williams, Talks Sex and Relationships in Her Debut Book: THE GARDEN EXPERIENCE
Nevada families are hosting 250 virtual or at-home celebrations during the Week. One of the biggest activities will be a statewide photo contest in which teachers and families have the opportunity to take creative school choice-themed photos to win prizes. Another notable activity will be two virtual open houses hosted by Nevada State High School.
Taking place annually since 2011, School Choice Week is America's largest celebration of educational choice. While typically the Week is packed with large, in-person events, school choice advocates have adapted to this year's health and safety protocols, opting for drive through scavenger hunts, virtual information sessions and showcases, online contests, drive-in movie screenings, and more. Across the country, more than two dozen iconic U.S. landmarks and notable buildings will light up in special colors to mark the Week.
A growing number of Nevada communities have issued proclamations recognizing School Choice Week, including the Nevada county of White Pine and the city of Henderson.
More on nvtip.com
- Las Vegas Urban League WIC: A Valuable Resource During March National Nutrition Month
- Atlantic-Pacific Processing Systems Adds SAHARA Las Vegas as a New Client
- ChartSpan Announces Partnership with Kentucky Hospital Association
- Mental Health Advocate Offers Hope to Millions with Book Detailing Trials and Triumphs on His Journey to Leading a Meaningful Life
- Austerlitz Acquisition Corporation I Announces Closing of Initial Public Offering and Exercise of Underwriters' Over-Allotment Option
"Nevada's population is rapidly growing, and families' needs are increasingly diverse," said Andrew Campanella, president of National School Choice Week. "School choice meets those needs, helping each family find a learning environment that challenges and inspires their child. Show gratitude for a teacher or school you love this National School Choice Week, or speak up for the learning options your child is still waiting for."
In Nevada, there are a variety of educational options available including: traditional public schools with open enrollment at the discretion of each district, charter schools, magnet schools, online academies, private schools, and homeschooling. Families below a certain income level qualify for a state-run scholarship program.
Nevada families will be raising awareness about these choices at their virtual celebrations, which make up some of the more than 33,000 planned nationwide to spotlight K-12 education options.
To download a guide to Nevada school choice, use the Schools Near Me tool to search for schools in your area, or see celebration photos and proclamation updates, visit schoolchoiceweek.com/nevada.
More on nvtip.com
- Construction Technology Startup Mosaic Hires Real Estate Veteran as First CFO
- First look: Clark Nexsen completes engineering building at NC State University
- Successful Las Vegas Promoter Sloop Jones Developing Her Own Talk Show
- The MolinaCares Accord Donates $273,000 to Nevada Nonprofits Combating Health Disparities
- 2021 Marketing Excellence Awards—Call for Entries: Honoring the Best in B2B Services and Solutions Marketing
National School Choice Week is an independent public awareness effort; the Week is nonpartisan, nonpolitical, and not related to any legislative advocacy campaign.
Select local celebrants are available to discuss their plans with reporters upon request. For information on celebrations planned near you, reach out to us with information about your coverage area at [email protected].
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world's largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education. The Week is a not-for-profit effort that focuses equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. Every January, participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
SOURCE National School Choice Week
Filed Under: Business
Latest on nvtip.com
- Ideanomics Announces Its Membership in CALSTART
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Announces Poster Presentation at Upcoming Miami Breast Cancer Conference
- Concerned Citizens of South Central Los Angeles Send Open Letter To Biden Administration
- Austerlitz Acquisition Corporation I Announces Pricing of Upsized $600 Million Initial Public Offering
- Sandline Global Fortifies World-Class Executive Team: Glenn Hopper Joins as Chief Financial Officer
- Syxsense Announces Integration with Microsoft Office 365
- Launch of Trace One E-Sourcing Will Boost Retailers' Private Label Speed to Market
- Thru-hikers Launch New Nature Streaming TV Channel for Nature Lovers
- Bronx DWI Lawyer Announces New Website
- Recording Artist "Cherne" Crystal Brown auditions for Sony Music, Atlantic Records and Capitol Records and it doesn't stop there
- SenSen Networks Limited Acquires Snap Network Surveillance
- Honorary Oscar-Winner Charles Burnett brings his award winning film on COVID-19 / Black Hollywood to the Prestigious Pan African 2021 Film Festival
- In a year of recession, Lantek closes 2020 with record sales figures and customer numbers
- The Koedo Kawagoe Spring Festival Celebrates the Arrival of Springtime in Kawagoe, Japan
- Aaron's Energy: An Unexpected Journey Through Grief and the Afterlife With My Brilliant Son
- MC Residential Activates in the Wake of Texas Weather Crisis
- The Best SEO Company in New York City Is Proving Local Businesses Free SEO Audit As COVID-19 Relief
- Fennemore Names New Office Managing Partners, Practice Group Leaders & Chief Diversity Officer
- Wohler adds to their iVAM range with the launch of the iVAM2-2
- Optimal Empowers Procurement Teams with Expert Best Practices