Commercial Auto Insurance vs. Personal Auto Insurance

Nevada Insurance Enrollment Explains Which Coverage is Right For You

LAS VEGAS - nvtip -- Determining if you can use a personal auto insurance policy or that you should get a commercial auto insurance policy can be tricky. Personal auto insurance can be enough for some businesses, especially if you use your vehicle for personal uses regularly. Sometimes you can buy a personal auto policy for business use. But if you are required to cover high liability coverage, have an unusual vehicle to insure, haul equipment, or are a taxi driver, you are going to need commercial auto insurance.

Commercial auto insurance will cover liability like personal auto insurance, but it also covers injury to you and your employees that drive your commercial vehicles and their passengers, along with covering their medical expenses and lost wages. Your policy could also cover loading and unloading. Also, rental vehicles could be covered when your commercial vehicle is being repaired.

If you use any vehicle for your business on a regular basis that is dedicated for business, you should have that automobile covered under commercial auto insurance.

More on
Any vehicle that has a commercial license plate or is a licensed as a commercial vehicle needs commercial auto insurance.

If you have employees driving your vehicles for work-related tasks, you need to have commercial auto insurance for your vehicles.

If you have your employees use their own autos to run errands for your business, you could potentially be liable for accidents they cause because they were on the job. Ask us about employers non-owned car liability coverage.

Read the full article:

Learn more:

Nevada Insurance Enrollment
4260 W. Craig Road suite #150-A
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
(702) 898-0554

Nevada Insurance Enrollment
Shelly Rogers

Source: Nevada Insurance Enrollment
Show All News | Report Violation


Latest on